An effective appraisal process ensures that employees understand the standards expected of them, are able to prioritise their work and know how their efforts contribute to the overall aims of the organisation.
In this session you will learn how to manage performance through setting objectives and standards and understand how appraisal meetings fit within a performance management process. You will learn best practice when preparing for and conducting appraisal meetings. Learning is contextualised through the use of case studies and the opportunity to practice the skills learned through role play in a safe environment.
We cover the following:
- Develop a “best practice” appraisal process
- Understand how to evidence the necessary skills and attributes in the role when evaluating performance
- Realise the value of promoting employees’ self-awareness of performance
- Understand how linking improved individual performance relates directly to personal development
- Prepare and conduct mock appraisal interviews and manage potentially difficult situations
- Gain the key skills to provide two way feedback
- Understand the need to identify specific individual training needs related to the organisation goals and objectives
About 121 HR Solutions:
121 HR Solutions exist to provide employers of all sizes with professional, cost effective Human Resource Support.
Our team of qualified CIPD HR Consultants are available to engage with clients throughout the UK. We pride ourselves on building a close working relationship with our clients.
Working in partnership with our clients we seek to understand every aspect of our clients business. By understanding our clients business and their business challenges we are able to tailor our HR Consultancy service to the needs of your business.